Packet Tracer is an exciting network design, simulation and modelling tool that allows you to develop your skill set in networking, cybersecurity, and the Internet of Things (IoT). It allows you to model complex systems without the need for dedicated equipment. It is used across numerous Cisco Academy courses to help develop and assess the skill set necessary for successful completion of the course.
What is Packet Tracer?
Cisco Packet Tracer is an innovative network simulation and visualization tool. This free software helps you to practice your network configuration and troubleshooting skills via your desktop computer or an Android or iOS based mobile device. Packet Tracer is available for both the Linux and Windows desktop environments.
With Packet Tracer you can choose to build a network from scratch, use a pre-built sample network, or complete classroom lab assignments. Packet Tracer allows you to easily explore how data traverses your network. Packet Tracer provides an easy way to design and build networks of varying sizes without expensive lab equipment. While this software is not a replacement for practicing on physical routers, switches, firewalls, and servers, it provides too many benefits to ignore!
Students commonly use Packet Tracer to:
- Prepare for a certification exam.
- Practice what they learn in networking courses.
- Sharpen their skills for a job interview.
- Examine the impact of adding new technologies into existing network designs
- Build their skills for jobs in the Internet of Things.
- Compete in Global Design Challenges (take a look at the 2017 PT 7 Design Challenge on Facebook).
Packet Tracer is an essential learning tool used in many Cisco Networking Academy courses.
How to get Cisco Packet Tracer
To obtain and install your copy of Cisco Packet Tracer, you can go to the final of this post and download it from MEGA.NZ or follow these steps:
- Log into your Cisco Networking Academy “I’m Learning” page.
- Select Resources from the menu in the upper right portion of your screen.
- Select Download Packet Tracer.
- Select the version of Packet Tracer you require.
- Save the file to your computer.
- Launch the Packet Tracer install program.
- After installation, close and restart your web browser.
- Launch Cisco Packet Tracer by selecting the appropriate icon.
- When prompted, use your Netacad login information to authenticate.
- Packet Tracer will launch and you are ready to explore its features.
Download Cisco Packet Tracer 7.3.1
Below we share the download links, press the green button that will take you to the page where the links are stored to download the free Cisco Packet Tracer 7.3.0 program in its 32 and 64 Bit versions as well as for Linux.
How to use Fix Executable for Windows
To use the ‘fix’, download and unzip the .zip and then copy the executable in the Packet Tracer installation directory, it can be C:\Program Files\Cisco Packet Tracer 7.3.1 or C:\Program Files (x86)\Cisco Packet Tracer 7.3.1, then just run the program and enjoy.
Note: It is mandatory to register and enroll in the NetAcad course to use the original software, if you use the modified ‘fix’ there is no problem, in case there are updates we will keep this site up to date as well as its links.
You can find more free software at scrapywar.com